- Steam rooms produce a moist heat with a temperature of between 40°C –50°C, with a high level of humidity.
- The general principle is to create a bathing experience, which promotes sweating, thereby cleansing the skin and promoting a feeling of relaxation and well-being.
General Guidelines on Steam Room Use:
- Remove contact lenses, jewellery etc before use
- Consume plenty of fluid
- Shower before using the steam room
- Bring a towel into steam room to reduce contact with seating area
- Periodically shower and use the relaxation area to cool down
- Shaving in the steam room is strictly prohibited
- No children under the age of 16
Persons who are advised not to use a Steam Room:
- Pregnant women
- Persons who suffer from heart problems, diabetes, high / low blood pressure
- Persons suffering from skin diseases, sores, wounds etc
- Persons suffering from an inability to perspire
- Persons using certain drugs
- Persons who have consumed a heavy meal / alcohol within 1.5 hours
- If in doubt see your doctor
If in doubt or if you have any questions regarding this notice, please speak to reception for clarification.